Dragon Ball Super is an anime produced by Toei Animation, which began airing on July 5, 2015. It is a sequel to the Dragon Ball manga and the first television series, offering a new story after 18 years.
It is set after the defeat of Majin Boo, when Earth has once again become a peaceful place.
The anime’s story begins six months after Majin Boo’s defeat, and covers the following four years, when Earth has become a peaceful place, and retro-continuing with the events of the Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods and Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection of Freezer films, as well as telling the story after these events.
Today we will tell you the most surprising facts about the most famous anime series of all time.
Top 16 Curiosities & Facts About Dragon Ball Super
- Beerus is based on Akira Toriyama’s pet cat, as well as Anubis the Egyptian God.
- In the manga, Goku trains mentally with Majin Bu, Freezer and Cell, but in the anime this does not happen.
- Another fact in the manga is that Beerus was the one who ordered the destruction of the planet Vegetarian.
- The graphic artist Salva Makoto, criticized chapter 5 so much that he remade it on his own; to show the differences between a professional and a novice.
- The name “Whis” comes from “Whisky”.
- Since its broadcast, Dragon ball super has remained in the top 10 of the most watched anime in Japan.
- Gohan had to die for Trunks to transform into super saiyajin; while in the manga he could already do it since he started training.
- Black was born as follows: Samasu learns of Goku’s existence through his crystal ball; he then kills his master and steals the time ring to use the super drangon balls and request the body swap with Goku. already turned into Black, he kills Goku and his family and travels to Trunks’ future time to meet his other self.
- Because of his manners, his beauty, his excessive self-love and his hair, it is rumored that Sadasu is gay, he even resisted Bulma’s charms.
- According to Akira Toriyama himself, Vegito is much more powerful than Gogeta simply because he has no time limit.
- Beerus mentioned that his favorite disciple was Vegeta, then he said it was Goku and in the end all three were disciples of Whis.
- This one is especially curious, Vegeta said that Saiyajin like strong women, when Toriyama expressed that the women of that planet are not warriors and their only purpose is reproduction. Way to crush our hopes for female warriors.
- Botamo’s design is based on Winne de Po, this is because Akira Toriyama has always been a fan of Disney.
- Zamasu is the third character who managed to kill Goku, the first was Piccolo and the second was Cell, although in the first one Goku did not sacrifice himself.
- It was planned to revive Cell and Majin boo, but Akira Toriyama intervened saying that it would be a terrible idea.
- Did you like these dragon ball super curiosities, do you want to add any more? Don’t hesitate to comment.
- Akira Toriyama singled out Piccolo as his favorite character (“It’s a cliché when bad guys become good guys, but it’s really cool to draw him”).
Dragon Ball is undoubtedly the greatest anime in history, and although there is still a lot of anime to come, for sure these curiosities will make you be more of a fan than ever… ah! and by the way… if you have more curiosities, feel free to comment.